Our Process – Relinque Osteopathy Ivanhoe, Heidelberg, Fairfield & Alphington
The Osteopaths at Relinque Sports & Spinal Group follow a treatment process has been developed and refined over the past 20 years to ensure you get the best treatment at the right stage of your recovery.
We’ll take you through a step by step process that will decrease your pain, increase your mobility and improve your quality of life.
There are 4 stages to your Osteopathy treatment at Relinque Sports & Spinal Group:
1. Initial Consultation
During your initial consultation our Osteopaths will:
- Listen to you. The more we listen to you and understand your unique set of circumstances, the better chance we have of helping you achieve your goals.
- Conduct a full medical history and biomechanical assessment.
- Assess your posture, movement patterns, joint restrictions, and muscle tone.
- Set realistic goals regarding your injury and how long it will take to recover.
- Conduct ‘Hands on’ Osteopathy treatment to help reduce presenting symptoms.
2. Osteopathy Treatment
- During this stage we focus on Osteopathic treatment to decrease your pain.
- Our Osteopaths use techniques such as soft tissue, stretching, mobilisation, manipulation and dry needling to release tight muscles and joint restrictions.
- Home exercises and myofascial release techniques may be prescribed during this stage to help decrease muscle spasm and increase flexibility.
- This stage will usually take 2 - 8 weeks depending on the severity and length of your injury.
3. Flexibility & Mobility
- By this stage your pain levels will be decreased and your range of movement will be improved.
- Osteopathy treatment will still occur, but less often. Emphasis now shifts towards your prescribed exercise program and restoring pain free movement.
- Reassessment usually occurs at this stage to measure treatment outcomes.
4. Strength & Stability
- Pain levels and quality of movement will be significantly improved by this stage.
- Osteopathy treatment is reduced.
- Our focus is now improving strength and stability to prevent recurrence of your injury.
- Specific strengthening exercises are prescribed by our Osteopaths, or recommendations for Pilates sessions are given.
- You should now have a full understanding of your injury and how to relieve your symptoms. You will also have a comprehensive list of strengthening exercises to prevent recurrence of your injury.
OSTEOPATHY INTRODUCTORY OFFER
25% Off Initial Appointment If You Book Online